Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Series: Women of Valor~Denise Davis

God led me to this beautiful lady a few weeks ago, who is full of inspiration and genuine concern for her fellowman. We are honored that she has shared part of her story with us here at Grace Point! 


PPM: How did I Write 4 Him come into being?

Denise: In 2012, I had tried to start an online business selling Christian items. It was during this time that the Lord began to place in my spirit to have a blog connected to the site to share a messages to encourage those in the Christian faith to hold onto God. I felt it was a true need to connect and identify with the pain, discouragement and disappointments that we each face in life, but may not always share with others. I felt a strong urge to let them know that God understands every single thing that they were going through. I did not want to try to paint an image that I understood everything they were facing, but that God did. 

As time moved on I began to develop a love more for writing for God than I did for trying to run a successful online store. After about a year, I decided to give the store up, but I knew I wanted to continue to write for God. 

I started homeschooling my daughter in 2014, and I would go to Google Plus to get information from other moms who were also homeschooling. I started noticing that many of them had blogs and were using wordpress. I didn’t know anything about wordpress, how to use it, nothing at all. I started searching it out and the more I learned, the more the desire began to grow again to start back writing for God. I started praying to God and asking him what should I call the blog. My daughter and I would sit together and discuss different names but none of them would really stick with me. Then, one day I heard in my spirit “I write for him”. I did a search on the name and found out that the name was actually already in use. So I tried “I write 4 him” and sure enough, the name was available.

    

I purchased the name, started my Wordpress blog, and from there I began to write as the Lord led me. At the time that I purchased the name for my blog, I told the Lord that I had really liked the “I write for him” name, and that if the person who had it ever stopped blogging I would like to have it. This year the person let the blog go, and I was able to purchase the domain name. I felt like God was saying “here ya go, you wanted it, so I saved it for you. Now continue to write for me.” 


PPM: What is the primary purpose for I Write 4 Him?

Denise: It has become my true desire now to encourage others to look to God. My call is to point others to Jesus. If I can just get them to look to him, then He will do the rest. I want them to know that, regardless of the mistakes they have made, or the problems they may be facing, God is able and willing to help them. I don’t want to appear as someone that is holier than thou, but I want them to know I understand because I have been there. I have made so many mistakes, messed up so many times, and even today the devil still tries to remind me of my faults. My only hope is to look to God when the devil tries to bombard my mind with my past failures and faults. I know that sometimes the stress and guilt can be so heavy that we feel too ashamed to come to God. But through it all, I have learned that God is faithful to forgive and that nothing, absolutely nothing, will ever change his love for me. 

I want others to know this too; I want them to remember God’s word and to remember his promises. I want to remind them that God is faithful and that he is there when they call. I wish so much that I could be a full time blogger and write for the Lord every day. But with being a wife, mother, trying to keep up with the house, cooking, running errands, and working as a registered nurse, this all most definitely takes time away from blogging. So when I do get free moments to get into my hiding place, I seek God and ask him what would he like for me to write and as he places it into my heart, I write for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment